Shimoda Explore 40 Starter Kit (w/2 Small Core Units) - Blue Nights (520-003)
- Multiple Access Points - The Shimoda Explore 40 backpack offers rear and side access options. The side opening is ideal for quick, under-the-arm access without completely removing the pack.
- Height-Adjustable Harness - The Explore 40 backpack harness is height adjustable, allowing the same backpack to fit short or tall - male or female - torsos, and ensuring a custom fit for every user.
- Core Unit Modular Camera Insert System - Perhaps the most forward thinking modular camera inserts on the market, Shimoda' s Core Units are simple, smart and multifunctional.
- Mobile Office and Snack Bar Pockets - Each shoulder strap features a fast access pocket for commonly accessed items.
- Lightweight Water-Resistant Materials - The outer shell of each pack is unique to Shimoda. It utilizes a Carbonate Ether PU formula of mixed, proprietary resins to create an extremely durable coating.
The Explore 40 is the new standard in adventure photography daypacks. We have created a pack to simplify your shooting experience while minimizing physical fatigue. It’s intuitive design makes sure camera gear and other essentials like food, water and a mobile phone are always within immediate reach. Our modular Core Unit camera inserts let you customize your shooting experience - not only to your gear requirements, but also to the terrain ahead of you. Whether you’re camping out waiting for an epic moment or scrambling up rocky ascents, the Shimoda system allows you to choose the most efficient camera access for the situation - even on the fly. The adjustable harness with its bear hug-like fit makes sure the pack’s weight doesn’t put pressure on your shoulders and is instead distributed to your hips and front torso. Additionally, the rear panel lets air flow between your back and the pack. All of our features are built with materials and construction techniques we developed to best meet the needs of hardcore adventurers and the unpredictable environments they visit. The Nylon Carbonate Ether PU coated shell features a unique double-sided resin application process that provides exceptional water resistance from both exterior water pressure and interior condensation build-up. Because of this we are able to use much lighter core materials for both the exterior shell and interior lining. The new Explore 40 is a lightweight, durable, adventure-driven camera bag ready for your next trek